Wednesday, April 15, 2009

First attempt

The first DSLR i have was a gift from my mom; is a Pentax 6.1MP *istDL, which couple with Sigma 18-55mm kit lens. Thanks to my mentor for helping me to get an affordable unit, and that mark the beginning of my journey in photography world =).

To me camera is totally a new thing, all i know is to shoot at 'P' mode; a program mode that preset everything and i don't need to worry for the next. More over the preset mode is done by my mentor...Haha.

I took the camera for a ride, a long ride to Koh Samui with some friends for a recce trip. It was an exciting, fun, yet a tiring journey. I think my partner Isma will know more about it, and I'm sure he is laughing when he read this...Am I right Isma? The recce took 3 days, and it took me about 16 hours in total from Kuala Lumpur to reach the Central Samui Hotel. This is the place where I took one of my favourite shot. The total distance for the journey is about 1600km...wow, that was really hell of a torture to my ride; a Perdana V6 with some mod on the suspension, breaking system, HID, and ATF cooler...Oooppss, not forgetting my Enkei wheels with Falken Azenis tyres =)

It was really a good experience and I wish i can do it again. But this time I'll make sure to get more nice shoots with my latest gear. (If you like to know what I'm using? Stay tuned!)

2 comments:

  1. Yea man... it was a great experience! Thank god on the day to depart you were there with me. Otherwise what will happen If I'm alone...

    Anyway, congrats on your new blogspot. Hope to see more in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont mention that, althought is tiring but is damm fun along the trip...Suddently remind me the moment when we are having BBQ squid with delicious chili sauce on a 'tok tok' during raining at Hatyai. Woohoo...Yeah man! =P

    ReplyDelete